Let Girls Lead Video Contest: Tell Your Story and Win $10,000 + Other Benefits
Deadline: December 31, 2013
Are you a young girl or woman between 12 and 25 years? Do you have a story of change? Let Girls Lead invites you to share your story of how girls are changing the world. Make a 1-2 min. video to tell a story of girls’ leadership. Winners will be awarded $10,000 in cash, equipment, and training to make your story into a film, starring you!
Let Girls Lead is a global movement that empowers girls and their allies to lead social change through advocacy, education, economic empowerment, storytelling, and strategic partnerships. Let Girls Lead improves girls’ education, health, and livelihoods through strategic partnerships that ensure girl-friendly laws, funding, and programs around the world. They enable girls to share their own inspiring stories of leadership through our interactive media platform and powerful short films.
- This contest is open to girls between 12-25 years of age. Enter as either individuals, groups, or organizations.
- Videos should be between 1-2 minutes in length.
Your video submission will be judged by a panel of experts and girl leaders based on how clearly it shows us:
- Why you are a leader in your community
- How your leadership changed your family or community
- Why your important story should be made into a film
- Your unique point of view as a girl leader or organization working with girl leaders
- Practice before recording and time yourself
- Make sure your face is visible
- Record in a quiet place, speak clearly
- Introduce yourself at the beginning
- If using a phone, hold it horizontal
For more information, click here.