Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme 2014
Deadline: January 24, 2013
Applications are now accepted for the Louis Dreyfus–Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme at the University of Oxford. The programme is part of the Weidenfeld Scholarships and Leadership Programme, which cultivates the leaders of tomorrow by providing outstanding university graduates and professionals from Africa, Asia and South America with the opportunity to pursue fully funded graduate studies at the University of Oxford in conjunction with access to a comprehensive programme of leadership development, long-term mentoring and networking.
The Leadership Programme includes:
- An annual Leadership and Public Policy Seminar – including moderated discussions and workshops on political philosophy and leadership development;
- Practical skills training in presentation, negotiation, exam-writing and interviewing techniques;
- A London Leadership Forum at the end of the academic year;
- Engagement in the Institute for Strategic Dialogue’s projects and conferences; and
- Numerous networking opportunities throughout the year.
- 100% of university and college fees, and a grant for living costs are covered.
- Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
- Candidates should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford. They should also be intending to return to their countries or regions of origin once the course is completed.
- Eligible candidates must hold an undergraduate degree and be an ordinary resident of a country in Africa, Asia or South America, as listed on the Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld: Eligible Countries List (131kb) .
- Successful applicants must demonstrate an interest in serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to, agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
- Scholars will pursue study or research in one of the courses listed in the Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld: Eligible Courses List (166kb).
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a connection between their subject of study and their longer-term career objectives.
- This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other awards. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld Scholars.
For more information, click here.