Research Travel Grants to the United States for Scholars from Asia, Africa & Latin America
Deadline: January 15, 2014
Scholars outside the United States are invited to apply for the Research Travel Grants. The Terra Foundation is offering these grants to enable scholars to consult resources that are only available within the United States. These grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. Six to twelve grants are awarded annually: up to $6,000 per grant for doctoral students and up to $9,000 per grant for postdoctoral and senior scholars. Some grant funding is reserved for scholars from Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Grant funding is available for short-term travel that gives scholars:
- An opportunity to discover new source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, curators, and art dealers;
- Consult local archives and library collections;
- Establish professional networks for future research.
- Funds can be used for related transportation, lodging, meals, and research fees and expenses.
The foundation only accepts proposals from doctoral students, postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States.
For more information, click here.