Asia Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program
Deadline: December 15, 2013
Starting November 1, 2013, applications will be accepted from eligible candidates for the Asia Development Fellows program. The program provides highly qualified, young professionals from Asia with an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The year-long professional advancement program is designed to be a multifaceted experience, involving intensive learning modules – short courses, conferences and study tours in Asia and the U.S. – to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.
The program provides the flexibility for Fellows to design their own professional development component and to stay in their current occupations while participating in the program’s rigorous modules.
Program details and Benefits
The 2014 program is comprised of the following five components:
- Leadership Training Program [Singapore, April 4-8, 2014]
- Workshop on Asian Development [The Philippines, April 9-13, 2014]
- Leadership dialogue and Exchange [U.S.A., September 7-19, 2014]
- Professional Development Award – An award of up to US$5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Asia Development Fellows.
Asia Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in the April and September training modules and follow through on the Professional Development Award plan during the fellowship year; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
For more information, click here.