Deadline: November 25, 2013
Entries are now accepted for the 2013 New Media Writing Prize (NMWP). This International prize, now in its 4th year, showcases exciting and creative stories and poetry integrating a variety of digital media. The prize encourages and promotes the best in new media writing, and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written’ word and storytelling.
There are three categories/prizes –
- Overall Winner: £1000 donated by if:book UK
- Student Winner: a 3-month work placement at leading e-learning company Unicorn Training, in Dorset, UK. The winner will be paid £250 a week. The timing of the placement will be negotiated between the winner and Unicorn.
- People’s Choice: voted for by the public, prize of £250
There will also be substantial media coverage of the Award, and winners will be given full acknowledgement in all press releases and related material.
Anyone can apply! Whether you’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a Flash designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all. It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK. For Competitions Rules click here.
The judges will be looking for the following:
- Innovative use of new media to create an engaging, satisfying narrative or poem
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer
- Effective use of interactive elements
- An example of how new media can do things traditional media can’t
- The potential to reach out to an wide audience, i.e. not just specialist interest groups
For more information, click here.