Google SVA Scholarship for Student Veterans 2014/2015
Deadline: December 2, 2013
Google is partnering with Student Veterans of America to offer the Google SVA Scholarship to student veterans who are pursuing university degrees in computer science and related fields in the U.S. The aim of the scholarship is to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD for the 2014-2015 school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2014.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the 2014-2015 academic year
- Maintain a strong academic performance
- Be pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
- Have received an honorable discharge, or is in good standing with his/her branch of service
You will be asked to complete an online application through SVA which must include:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended institutions for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institution (if you have earned a prior degree)
- DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to three essay questions
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
For more information, click here.