Deadline: April 30, 2014
Bristol Prize is pleased to announce that the 2014 Bristol Short Story Prize is now open. Bristol Short Story Prize is an annual international writing competition open to all published and unpublished, UK and non-UK based writers. They publish an annual anthology of the winning stories as well as presenting cash prizes. The 2014 Bristol Short Story Prize Awards Ceremony will be held in Bristol in October 2014.
Now in its 7th year, the Bristol-based competition has established itself as one of the UK’s most prestigious open writing competitions, “one of the most important short story prizes in the country” according to Scott Pack, publisher at HarperCollins imprint The Friday Project.
Eligibility and Criteria
- There is no geographical restriction on entry- the Bristol Short Story Prize is open to everyone, whether they are based in the UK or outside the UK.
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, 30th April 2014.
- The maximum length of submissions is 4,000 words and there is no minimum length.
- Stories can be on any theme or subject and are welcome in any style including graphic, verse or genre-based (Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Children’s etc..) .
- All entries should be in English.
- Read the complete rules here before entering.
- First prize is £1,000 plus a £150 Waterstones gift card,
- 2nd prize is £700 plus a £100 Waterstones gift card
- 3rd prize is £400 plus a £100 Waterstones gift card.
For more information, click here.