Acumen Fund – Global Fellows Program for Next-Generation Leaders 2014
Deadline: December 13, 2013
Applications are now open for the Acumen Global Fellows Program. The Acumen Fund supports and trains the next generation of social impact leaders to help create solutions to global poverty. The Global Fellows Program is a 12-month fellowship for individuals dedicated to serving the poor and who have the business and operational expertise, and moral imagination needed to effect long-term social change. The fellowship begins with an eight-week training program in the Acumen New York office, where Fellows learn about business models for the poor, hone their leadership skills, and learn more about Acumen.
The Global Fellows Program offers group capacity building and individual assignments to field projects. The one-year full-time program begins with two months of intensive training in New York followed by a 9-month field placement with a social enterprise in South Asia or Africa.
Applications for the Global Fellowship are highly competitive. While Fellows have diverse backgrounds and each brings a unique skill set to the Fellowship, here are some key traits that have been identified:
- Strong business experience: finance, operations, sales, marketing, and/or consulting
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to creating positive social change
- Proven track record of leadership and management responsibilities
- Experience living and working in emerging markets
- Grit, courage, and perseverance
- A minimum of 3 years work experience
For more information, click here.