Deadline: January 15, 2014
Students from developing countries who are currently studying in US or Canada are invited to apply for the Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) – US/Canada Grants for the Academic Year 2014-15. The MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each. The MMMF will also invite the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.
A woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- has a record of service to women and children and a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries
- resides in the U.S. or Canada at the time she submits the application
- is enrolled (in residence) at an accredited U.S. or Canadian educational institution for the academic year 2013-14, and intends to be enrolled for the 2014-15 academic year
- will use the grant toward the completion of her degree
- is a national of a lower or middle income developing member country, as designated by the MMMF Country Eligibility List
- is not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, permanent U.S. resident or Canadian Landed Immigrant
- intends to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing use of the MMMF grant and perform at least two years of service
- demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance
- is at least 25 years old by December 31, 2013
- is not related to a World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse
There are no exceptions to the MMMF educational grant criteria listed above.
For more information, click here.