2014 P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship for Women in USA and Canada
Deadline: December 15, 2013
Applications are now open for the P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund for women studying in USA and Canada. The International Peace Scholarship Fund is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
August 15, 2013 First day IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms for the following academic year
December 15, 2013 Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
April 1, 2014 Last day to submit confirmation of admission
Once you have been confirmed eligible, you applicant will be required to complete and sign a document promising to return to her home country or to a location outside the United States or Canada within sixty (60) days, depending on your visa status, upon completion of your degree program(s) or Optional Practical Training (OPT).
To determine eligibility, complete the Eligibility Form and submit it. To complete the eligibility form, click here.
If you have any questions, please email Carolyn Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, click here.