2014/15 Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship to Study in Netherlands
Deadline: January 15, 2014
The application process for the 2014-2015 academic year is now open. The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship is a new prestigious scholarship programme targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe. The AES is a full scholarship of €25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes). Selection is on the basis of academic excellence, ambition and relevance for a student’s future career. Scholarship recipients will join extracurricular activities and become part of a selective community.
Students from any discipline belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class may apply.
Candidates wishing to apply for an AES scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes
- Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time. AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the IND (Dutch Immigration Service).
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
- The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES.
How to Apply
The faculties and graduate schools award scholarships themselves; as such, regulations may vary. Students interested in an Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship may contact the faculty or international school offering the study programme of their choice for more information.
For more information, click here.