2014 Mandela Magdalene College Scholarship for South Africa
Deadline: December 3, 2013
Applications are accepted for the Mandela Magdalene College Scholarship. The scheme aims to support South African graduate students of outstanding academic merit and leadership potential who would otherwise be unable to take up a place at Cambridge University. The scholarships enable graduates from South Africa to pursue one-year taught postgraduate courses of study at the University of Cambridge in subjects relevant to the needs of South Africa. Up to three scholarships are offered each year.
The scholarships are means~tested. The maximum award covers:
- University Composition Fee at the overseas rate
- approved College Fees
- a maintenance allowance sufficient for a single student
- a return airfare, courtesy of British Airways
- Applicants should be citizens of South Africa, normally under the age of 35 and normally resident in South Africa who have, or expect to obtain before 1 October 2014, a first class or high second class honours degree or its equivalent from a recognised University.
- Successful applicants will be expected to return to South Africa to work or study after completing the course at Cambridge.
For more information, click here.