Deadline: December 15, 2013
Applications are open for young people from across the globe to join the Melbourne Youth Force are now open. YEAH and Red Aware are now calling for nominations from those who wish to help shape the youth initiatives at #AIDS2014 to apply to join one of the seven Melbourne Youth Force subcommittees. With seven subcommittees, they have a wide range of roles and opportunities for you to get involved, from wherever in the world you are.
MFY Subcommittee Structure
To ensure a smooth and practical work flow, each subcommittee will have a local Australian contingency made up of at least 4 Australians, with a minimum of one representative from Melbourne on each subcommittee alongside 4 International representatives, with a minimum of one representative from the Asia Pacific region on each subcommittee.
Together the young Australian and international representatives will form the final international MYF subcommittees responsible for coordinating all youth program activities for AIDS 2014.
- Fluency in English (some knowledge of another language is a desirable skill);
- Frequent access to reliable internet connection (at least 4 x per week);
- Ability to attend monthly Skype / teleconference calls from December 2013-March 2014 and more frequent calls (possibly up to fortnightly) from April–July 2014;
- Commitment to a rights-based approach (including evidence-based information and services, condoms, sexual and reproductive rights and harm reduction);
- Skills and organisational capacity that is relevant to the subcommittee you are applying for;
- Permission of the organisation you work with to contribute your time (approx. 2-3 hours/ week) on a voluntary basis, increasing to 5-6 hours per week in the final few months prior to the conference;
- Motivation, pro-activeness, flexibility, and reliability.
There are no age criteria to join a aubcommittee; adult allies and youth leaders are welcome. Contributing organisations to the Youth Force are asked to operate under the Youth Force umbrella and branding to show a unified front to Conference Delegates. Contributing organisations will be acknowledged by name and by their logos at the Youth Reception and within the Youth Pavilion. People who are living with HIV and others who identify as a key affected population are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online by midnight Australian EST on Sunday 15th December, 2013.
All successful international applicants will be notified by email no later than Friday 22nd December, 2013. For all enquiries please contact Mohammed Barry at [email protected] or please use the form below to submit your nomination to be on a Melbourne Youth Force subcommittee.
Important Background Information on the International AIDS Conference and Youth Force activities
Please ensure you have reviewed the background information document on the International AIDS Conference and Youth Force Activities before you complete and submit your application form. Click here to download document.
For more information and to apply, click here.