Apply to attend the G(irls) 20 Summit in Australia 2014 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 10, 2014
Are you a passionate, forward thinking, solution oriented young woman from a G20 country? Apply now to represent your country at the next G(irls) 20 Summit in Australia. The year long program involves skills building (leadership, business planning, communications, technology navigation, etc), a global Summit that generates ideas that are presented to G20 Leaders, access to a Ring of Influence (ROI) and global mentorships that generate delegate led initiatives.
The G(irls)20 brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European Union and African Union, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region. The participants are all girls, aged 18-20. The next Summit will be held in Australia (2014). The girls meet before the leaders of the world’s most powerful nations meet at the G20 Leader’s Summit in Brisbane, Australia in November 2014.
- Applicants must be 18-20 years of age at the time of the Summit (August 2014)
- They must be a citizen of the country they wish to represent.
- They will have demonstrated a desire to develop solutions to some of the world’s greatest challenges and to be catalysts for change in their own communities and countries.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Australia;
- Accommodations while in Australia (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Australia.
Please note that it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
Please remember that All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-20 years at the time of the Summit (August 2014)
- Hold citizenship of the country they are applying to represent
- Have parental or guardian permission to travel to Australia and to fully participate in the summit for the duration;
- Consent to appear in any and all media;
- Have a valid passport and any other required travel documents for the delegate to travel from her home country to Australia
Please note; that it is the sole responsibility of the delegate to obtain all required travel documents. Proof of all travel documentation no later than March 30th, 2014. The purchase of Health insurance and all necessary travel documents are the responsibility of the delegates and will not be reimbursed.
Language: As the G(irls)20 Summit will be conducted in English, English language proficiency, both verbal and written, is required. All final delegates will have a phone interview in which their language skills will be evaluated.
For more information, click here.