Call for Applicants: Indonesian Delegation to the Y20 Summit 2014
Deadline: January 8, 2014
Indonesian Youth Diplomacy is pleased to invite applications for the Indonesian Delegation to the Y20 2014 from July 12th to 15th, 2014 in Sydney.
As part of the Australian Government’s presidency of the G20, an official Youth 20 (Y20) Summit will be hosted in Sydney in July 2014. The Y20 Planning Group are organising this outreach engagement group. The Y20 Summit is the official platform for young people from across G20 countries to engage in policy discussions on the most pressing global, economic challenges and generate innovative solutions which will be presented to the G20 Leaders Summit for consideration in their discussions.
ROLE OF THE DELEGATE
- Engage with other delegates from your country to host and run national consultation to enable you to represent the views of young people in your country;
- Liaise with your country’s Head Delegate to contribute to pre-summit discussion with delegates from other countries in the period prior to the Summit;
- Contribute to policy recommendations for G20 leaders on behalf of G20 youth;
- Generate wider community understanding and recognition of the work of the Y20 and the G20;
- Participate actively in the Y20 Summit; and
- Follow up on policy recommendations and action plans coming out of the Y20 Summit and wider consultations.
A Y20 Australia 2014 Delegate is required to be:
- An inspirational young person (undergraduate/graduate student, recent graduate, or young professional in Indonesia or abroad) from either the public, private and/or civil society sectors;
- Aged between 18 and 30 years of age at the time of the Y20 Summit
- Aware and have an understanding of the G20, the Leaders’ Summit and the Y20 Summit;
- Fully committed to participate enthusiastically in all the sessions of the Y20 Summit;
- Willing, and have capacity, to contribute to post-Y20 commitments;
- Proficient in English verbally and in writing; and
- Medically fit to travel to the Y20 Summit.
Notification of shortlisted candidates will be announced on January 10th, 2014.
For more information, click here.