Deadline: January 4, 2014
Janwani (Voice of the people), a social initiative of MCCIA – Pune in India is now seeking a Project Coordinator for a one year contractual employment. Janwani aims to advocate and promote equitable and sustainable development in the city. The Project Coordinator will provide support for the various research activities related to urban governance concerning PMR region.
Post: Project Coordinator, Governance
Area: Urban Governance / Public Policy / Public Finance
Location: Pune, India
Type of employment: Contractual
Languages Required: English, Hindi (Required), Marathi (Preferred)
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year
Salary: 3.0 Lacs per annum
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project coordination support to the program officer for the various research activities related to urban governance concerning PMR region
- Design and deliver training modules and presentations on budget transparencyand accountability and inclusive budget processes and practices with a focus on Pune metropolitan region.
- Conduct focus group discussions; prepare transcripts and reports required for the projects.
- Supervising interns, disseminating project data to and collecting project reports from research partners
- Write reports and articles on Urban governance / Public policy / Public finance
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative social science research on budget transparency reforms, and produce case studies and impact assessments
- Undertake any other work under urban governance assigned by program officer, director or the Janwani board.
Skills and requirements
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Administration, Public Finance, Development Studies, International Affairs, Political Science, Social Science, or other related fields
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English
- Atleast one year of professional experience working in Governance, Public policy or public finance related field.
- Full computer literacy in internet searching and Microsoft Office programmes i.e. MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Power Point. Knowledge of SPSS / STATA will be an asset
- Good managerial and leading skills
- Demonstrate strong coordination skill
- Consistently approaches to work with energy and a positive and constructive attitude
- Good communication skill both in writing and oral including networking and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to persuade and influence others to cooperate
HOW TO APPLY
To Apply send your Resume with a Cover letter not exceeding 500 words to [email protected]. Please clearly mention ‘Application: Project Coordinator, Governance’ in the subject line of the email.
NOTE: Janwani does not discriminate on basis of sex, caste, religion, region, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation or any other aspect.
For more information, click here.