Deadline: January 9, 2014
Are you an entrepreneur? Do you have a mature agribusiness idea? Growthhub invites you to join the 2014 Agribusiness for Innovation Incubator Programme. Agribusiness for Innovation Incubator programme, based in Nairobi, is developed for those entrepreneurs and their start-ups who have already come up with an idea, have validated this idea and want to evolve and take the next step towards a successful business.
The programme invites 12 Agribusiness start–ups with mature ideas to work together with facilitators, mentors and like mined entrepreneurs in the same environment for 16 weeks. The sessions and workshops are designed to assist the start-up teams analyse the real need for input and feedback from the market, customers and key stakeholders, and design their tests and pilots accordingly. It is a resident experiential programme, filled with working days where specific topics will be discussed every week.
Growthhub is looking for Innovations targeting the following verticals:
- Business ideas that increase income generation for farmers
- Agro-processing businesses
- Technology innovations
- Improved services and products (farm inputs) for farmers
- Business ideas that improve the logistical infrastructure towards farmers
- Adoption of “modern” farming practices & products
- Irrigation technologies & solutions
- Innovations that improve food security
- Business ideas that focus on improved nutrition and a healthy food culture
As an entrepreneur/innovator we would like you to have:
- A mature idea that you have already thought through.
- The determination to solve the biggest challenges facing agriculture in East Africa
- Achieved customer validation and proof of concept from your targeted audience
- Want to build a sound product/service and pilot it thereafter
- You have team members/ or intend to have. We prefer start-ups that are more than one person
- You and your team members must be working full time on this venture
- You are a registered for profit company or intend to be
For more information, click here.