Taiwan International Graduate Program – IIP 2014
Deadline: February 28, 2014
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is now accepting applications from young scholars worldwide for the 2014 International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP). The TIGP-IIP is an intensive pre-doctoral research training program that prepares its participating interns with the necessary knowledge and skills for future research or career development through rigorous hands-on training. The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica, the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan.
In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in building an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This 2 month program takes place between May and August 2014.
There are 12 programs offered by TIGP Internship:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2015.
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
In addition, one way airfare at economy class will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
Note : Stipends will be given after the 15th day of every month. Air fare (one way, at the cheapest price. Please check the airfare comparison websites before you purchase the ticket.) will be reimbursed only upon successful completion of the internship.
For more information, click here.