Deadline: January 15, 2014
Application for The 2014 Indonesian Arts And Culture Scholarship is now open. The program aims to encourage better understanding amongst participants from member countries through Indonesia’s immensely diverse art and cultural heritage. Finally, the programme also aims to cultivate a cultural of cooperation, emerging from direct contact and sharing of cultures amongst people involved in the program, leading to thriving diplomatic relations in the region and worldwide.
The Scholarship (a non-degree scholarship) offered to and participated by Candidates from member countries of the South West Pacific Dialogue (SwPD): Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, and the host Indonesia. Over the years, the scholarship was expanded to include member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN+3, PIF Countries, as well as many countries from all regions in the world, including the Netherlands.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fee;
- A round trip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Meals 3 times/day;
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 1.500.000 (given 3 times);
- The scholarship does not cover excess baggage for participatns.
- Candidates from selected countries across Asia Pacific, Africa, America, Europe are targeted
- Candidates should preferably be between the ages of 21 to 30 years-old with at least a high school diploma.
- Candidates should possess high interest and talent in arts.
- Arts students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are encouraged to apply.
Due to limited space and the vast amount of interest in the program, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in the Hague will hold a series of selection processes.
For further info, please contact Information and Socio-Cultural Affairs of the Embassy at [email protected].
For more information, click here.