Young Journalists Scholarship to the Africa-EU EP 2nd High-Level Meeting – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: January 19, 2014
The Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) invites Young Journalists to be part of, and contribute to, the 2nd High-Level Meeting conference, to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 12-13 February 2014. Up to 10 Young Journalists will be selected to work together, under the guidance of the communications team at the AEEP High-Level Meeting.
Through their participation, selected Young Journalists will have the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Africa-EU cooperation in the energy sector and the challenges various African countries continue to face in delivering energy services to their population.
About the Conference
The two-day Second High Level Meeting (2nd HLM) of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) will be hosted jointly by the Ethiopian government and the African Union Commission (AUC). The AEEP 2nd High Level Meeting will provide an opportunity to strengthen the visibility of African and European efforts directed at tackling – hand-in-hand – the continents’ energy challenges. It will create momentum for continued and enhanced cooperation under the established framework of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership.
Duties and Requirements
While at the conference, Young Journalists will report on the conference sessions
- through Press Releases,
- through Social and New Media channels including Twitter,
- through video clips and interviews, and,
- the official conference website.
In addition, Young Journalists have the opportunity to submit stories, interviews, and reports to their own countries/outlets.
Prior to the conference, each Young Journalists will be required to submit one short story or video about an energy issue of their choice in their own country for publication. Selected candidates will be asked to report on the 2nd High-Level Meeting of the AEEP.
As part of the scholarship, selected Young Journalists will receive a pre-conference briefing/training session with the AEEP Secretariat, a round-trip economy class travel ticket to Addis Ababa, as well as accommodation and subsistence for the duration of their stay, including a refund of visa costs, and airport transfers.
- You are not older than 35 years
- You are based in Africa or the EU.
- You work as a print or online journalist, photojournalist, video journalist, and have at least three years of work experience across different media and platforms.
- You are fluent in English. French is an advantage.
- You have demonstrated your interest already and are eager to work more on energy and environment issues in your respective country.
For more information, click here.