Deadline: February 3, 2014
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University to provide full tuition scholarships to undergraduate and masters students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Students who have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged and have a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities, particularly in Africa, with access to quality and relevant education. Through financial, academic, social and post-graduation support, The Scholars Program will ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Prior completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Africa with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as graduate student.
- Strong commitment to a professional path in line with the area of study that can positively impact Africa.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement on campus, in professional pursuits and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
- Learn how to apply for the graduate scholarship.
Learn more about The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at mastercardfdnscholars.org
For more information, click here.