2014 Fulbright Summer Institutes for European Student Leaders – USA
The Summer Institutes for European Student Leaders are five-week academic Institutes for young people pursuing post-secondary education. The Institutes will be held in the United States in the summer of 2014, at U.S. universities (Specific program dates and locations will be available in late winter/early spring 2014). All activities will be conducted in English.
This is a Program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State. Therefore, all program costs will be fully funded by the U.S. Department of State. Participants will travel to the United States in early July and stay for five weeks. There will be NO opportunity for extended travel in the U.S. beyond the program end-date.
- Environmental Stewardship (open to students of all academic backgrounds)
- Social Entrepreneurship (open to students of all academic backgrounds)
- Students of all academic backgrounds can apply
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and no older than 22 years old by the start of the program in the U.S.
Applicants should exhibit leadership potential and demonstrate interest in the subject matter, although experience in the subject is not a prerequisite for participation.
- Participants do not need to have a science or policy background.
- Participation is open to students from Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom regardless of race, color, age, gender, national origin, religion, or disability.
All interested applicants in the eligible countries below should visit their Country’s Embassy websites for further details. All information regarding eligibility, application, deadlines, FAQ, contacts can be obtained/asked from the official national websites:
- Hungary (Deadline: March 13)
- Norway (Deadline: March 3, 2014)
- Belgium (Deadline: March 1, 2014)
- Portugal (Deadline: February 28, 2014)
- Finland (Deadline: January 23, 2014)
- United Kingdom (Deadline: February 3, 2014)
- Greece (Deadline: January 31, 2014)
- Romania (Deadline:
- Ireland (Deadline: January 28, 2014)
- The Czech Republic (Deadline: February 20, 2014)
- Denmark (Deadline:
- France (Deadline: February 16, 2014)
- Germany (contact)
- Iceland (contact)
- Netherlands (contact)
- Spain (deadline has passed)
- Sweden (contact)
For more information, click here.