VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to follow a training or master programme at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium. The training and master programmes are taught in English. They are designed to enable graduates to assume positions of responsibility in their country of origin.
The master programmes, lasting one or two academic years, focus on specific problems of developing countries and/or are relevant to developing countries in a more general sense. They are designed to enable graduates to share and apply acquired knowledge in the home institution and country.
In the training programmes, lasting one to four months, the focus is on updating and adding knowledge, as well as about transferring acquired skills that are relevant to individuals working in institutions in developing countries.
The scholarships cover all related expenses.
You can only apply for master (ICP) or training (ITP) programmes that are recognized and funded by VLIR-UOS following a selection process.
- The candidate is a resident AND national of one of the countries on the country list (not necessarily the same country for residence and nationality). Please note that candidates must reside in one of these countries at the moment of application.
- The candidate is not older than 40 years* when applying for a scholarship to follow a master programme or not older than 45 years* when applying for a scholarship to follow a training programme. (* on 1 January2014).
- The candidate was not enrolled in a master (or equivalent) programme (with or without a scholarship) at a Flemish university before.
- See details on eligibility requirements
- You can only apply for one ICP or ITP
- The deadline for applications is determined by the programme. Check the list of eligible programmes 2014 to find out which calls for scholarships are currently open.
For more information, click here.