University of Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships 2014
Deadline: October 31, 2014
The University of Adelaide is offering a number of Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships exclusively to its recent graduates to continue their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research.
All applications are ranked in a competitive application process. The selection and ranking of applicants within the University of Adelaide is undertaken by the Graduate Scholarships Committee, using the sole criteria of academic performance.
The AGRS provides:
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- An annual living allowance ($25,392 in 2014) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only).
- No other allowances will be paid.
Note. The scholarship does not provide an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) allowance.
Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- complete their four year undergraduate degree including first class honours in a research based honours program at the University of Adelaide* in that semester OR have completed the above that year or in the previous year; or
- be completing their masters degree
- be eligible to enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide in the following semester;
- be an international student; and
- not be currently enrolled in the higher degree by research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for a scholarship.
Note. Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible to apply.
Note. Applicants who were considered in a previous round are not eligible for reconsideration.
The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
For more information, click here.