2014 Rice University Business Plan Competition – Texas (For Students Worldwide)
Deadline: February 21, 2014
The Rice Business Plan Competition is the world’s richest and largest student startup competition. The competition is designed to give collegiate entrepreneurs a real-world experience to fine tune their business plans and elevator pitches to generate funding to successfully commercialize their product. It is hosted and organized by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, which is Rice University’s flagship initiative devoted to the support of entrepreneurship, and the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business. This is the 14th year for the competition.
The Rice Business Plan Competition is for teams who are seeking to launch their new ventures and can benefit from funding, coaching, mentoring, and connections with more than 250 venture capitalists, angel investors, and other entrepreneurial leaders. Judges will evaluate the teams as real-world entrepreneurs soliciting start-up funds from early stage investors and venture capital firms.
Teams will compete for an expected $1 million + in prizes, including $900,000 in investment offers, over $500,000 in other cash prizes.
Highlights of the Competition include:
- Real-world opportunities to learn what’s required to successfully launch a new business
- Chance to receive mentoring from investors and experienced entrepreneurs
- Scheduled opportunities to network with potential venture capitalists and other investors for three days
- High caliber of judges, all senior level investors, entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- Opportunities to receive individual feedback during 3 separate sessions
The goal of the RBPC is to provide the best overall educational and entrepreneurial experience of any business plan/new venture competition and we were very gratified by the feedback we have received from past competitors and judges.
- The Rice Business Plan Competition is open to all currently enrolled university students from around the world who are seeking funding for their new venture.
Simply submit your startup company’s executive summary to apply. Forty-two finalist teams will be invited to compete in person at Rice University in Houston, Texas on April 10-12, 2014. Apply Today!!
For more information, click here.