2014 Fermilab’s Summer Internships for Physics Majors – USA
Deadline: February 9, 2014
International students are invited to apply for Fermilab’s Summer Internships. Each summer, Fermilab’s IPM program offers ten-week internships to outstanding undergraduate physics majors. This program has been developed to familiarize students with opportunities at the frontiers of scientific research in particle physics.
- Wage of $12.50 per hour for a standard 40-hour work week, subject to U.S. taxes
- Shared housing
- Shared use of a rental car
- Transportation to and from the airport for out-of-state interns
- Students must be undergraduate physics majors.
- Students must be foreign students attending U.S. or non-U.S. universities.
- Participants must provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Participants must have medical insurance while at Fermilab.
- Complete the full ten-week program.
- Complete all Fermilab safety and computing requirements.
- Work safely in a responsible and professional manner.
- Attend all scheduled events including lectures, tours and group activities.
- Give a final presentation to mentors and peers
For more information, click here.