SHL Seeks Project Coordinator of Academy for Young Leaders in Civil Society – Sarajevo
Deadline: February 12, 2014
This is an open call for the position “Project Coordinator of Academy for Young Leaders in Civil Society” at Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) in Sarajevo. The holder of this position will be responsible for establishing the Academy for Young Leaders in Civil Society in BiH which will target young activists from the age of 18 to 25 years.
SHL is a German non-governmental organization which supports youth engagement in the Balkan region since 1992. In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the main focus of SHL’s work is on supporting youth policy themes, providing youth education and encouraging youth activism, especially through fostering youth media, student councils and different youth engagement efforts.
Position: At the earliest possible date they are looking for a Project Coordinator (m/f) of Academy for Young Leaders in Civil Society.
- Establishing the Academy for Young Leaders in Civil Society in BiH (mapping of potential cooperation partners, designing the program, advertising, etc.);
- Creating and expanding network of experts and partners on national and international level (identifying advisors, lecturers, consultants, cooperation partners, etc.);
- Developing a two semester curriculum and school model for the Academy;
- Developing of learning and didactic materials for students in cooperation with experts;
- Finding adequate teachers and venues for the Academy;
- Strategic development of the long term goals of the Academy for Young Leaders in Civil Society;
- Internal and external reporting and evaluating of Academy;
- Min. 3 years of relevant experience in non-formal Education (of the target group between 18-25 years old);
- Experience in creating, organizing and facilitating non-formal programs;
- Experience in establishing non-formal education in the duration of two or more semesters
- Excellent command of spoken and written English ;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Excellent office skills;
- Driving license and willingness to travel;
- Kindness, helpfulness, independence and ability to work in a young team;
- Experience in networking and creation/expansion of networks;
This position is based on a 40-hour week and can be filled immediately.
If you are interested in the position, please send a written application in English, including Curriculum Vitae, letter of motivation, two recommendation letters and a copy of the latest degree certificate to the following address, no later than February 12th 2014.
Stiftung Schüler Helfen Leben / SHL-Office Topal Osman Paše 22, 71000 Sarajevo, BiH