Lane Kirkland Scholarships for Young Leaders with Higher Education 2014/15
Deadline: March 1, 2014
The Polish-American Freedom Foundation welcomes applications for the Kirkland Scholarship Program, from young leaders with higher education who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region. The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and 2-4-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
Polish-American Freedom Foundation in partnership with Education for Democracy Foundation announce an open competition for candidates from Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic
The scholarship is approximately PLN 1,800 per month. Additionally, the following costs are covered: educational fees, accommodation in Poland, insurance, travel to and from Poland, visa fees, purchase of educational materials and equipment. The computers rented by students during the scholarship program may become their property, free of charge, after the scholarship requirements have been fully satisfied.
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
The Kirkland Program application is open to the following candidates.
- experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs and managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
- academic teachers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project or, alternatively, English in case of those candidates who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, only basic Polish is required)
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
For more information, click here.