Deadline: April 1, 2014
Are you next!? Anzisha Prize 2014 Applications are now open! The Anzisha Prize seeks to award young entrepreneurs who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to social challenges or started successful businesses within their communities.
12 finalists from across Africa will win an all-expenses paid trip to South Africa to be a part of a week-long entrepreneurship workshop and conference at the African Leadership Academy campus on the outskirts of Johannesburg. The grand prize winners, selected from these finalists, will share prizes worth $75,000 USD.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 22 years old.
- Your business or project must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it!
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Groups or teams can apply (for example, maybe you have 2 or 3 co-founders who started your business or project together), however you must choose one person to apply for the prize, on behalf of the group. This individual must be one of the founding members.
To be selected as one of the 12 Anzisha Fellows, your business or project will be judged on the following 3 criteria:
- Impact: Does your venture have a demonstrated, measurable and positive social and economic impact.
- Ingenuity: Have you taken a new or better approach to a pressing problem or business opportunity within your community.
- Scalability: Does your business or social project have the potential to grow or be replicated with support and investment.
For more information, click here.