Deadline: March 14, 2014
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full Time
Interested applicants are invited to apply for the post of a financial controller at Mara Group of Companies.
- CA / CPA / MBA Finance with 5-8 years of broad experience in the finance and accounts function
- Having worked in a multinational environment with adherence to processes and policies an advantage
- Support the CFO in leading the day to day financial operations of the business
- Timely and accurate financial reporting for all corporate and business units including statutory accounts, tax returns and monthly management reporting
- Manage all aspects of the finance function including general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, bank reconciliation and intercompany balances, Payroll etc.
- Preparation of Budget, forecasts and cashflows
- Cash management and treasury duties
- Monitor and control budgeted expenses and disbursements, including detailed cost accounting and cost estimating
- Implement an accounting package to ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting across entities.
- Ensuring that a full set of accounting policies and procedures are in place across the organization and manage compliance to accounting best practices
- Develop a robust system of internal controls and corporate governance
- Liaise with the auditors across entities and geographies to ensure timely and satisfactory completion of all statutory audits and tax filings
- Ensure continued statutory and regulatory compliance across geographies
- Prepare financial information (group and individual business units) for submission to any external financial institutions or investors when required
- Provide financial support to the financing, due diligence reviews and integration of any new acquisitions
- Manage the relationship with banks and financial institutions.
- Work closely with the fund manager in providing information and sharing of reports
- Autonomous, pro-active, hands on, resourceful, , ambitious, mature and results oriented
- Experience and knowledge of best practices in financial ethics, independent audits, IFRS
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, team working skills are a must
- Ability to balance the controlling role with assisting role in a highly entrepreneurial style driven company
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
For more information, click here.