Deadline: October 1, 2014
Are you interested in children literacy? All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD) has launched ‘Enabling Writers,’ a $100,000 global prize competition to incentivize the development of software solutions that allow writers to easily create and export decodable and leveled fiction and non-fiction readers in mother tongue languages to help early primary students (ie. grades one to three) learn to read.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their software applications. Following formal evaluation, three finalists will be selected. After they incorporate the judges’ feedback, their innovations will be piloted and reviewed in three countries with ACR GCD partner programs. The highest performing software will win a grand prize of $100,000. The prize competition is powered by InnoCentive, a global leader in crowdsourcing innovation problems.
Not only will you be contributing to improving literacy in the developing world, the three finalists will receive:
- A $12,000 cash prize
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Global recognition from ACR GCD
- Expert feedback on their software from child development and digital education specialists
- The chance to win $100,000
- The challenge is open to individuals, companies and communities from all fields, but especially the software development, digital literacy and education communities
Each submitted work will undergo two phases of judging criteria. See here.
For more information, click here.