Social Innovation Safari – East Africa 2014 (Scholarships available)
Deadline: March 20th
Interested and passionate applicants are invited to apply for the Social Innovation Safari – East Africa which will be held in Nairobi Kenya from April 6 – 17, 2014.
The Social Innovation Safari – East Africa is an inaugural ten-day immersive learning experience organized by Amani Institute and The NEST where designers, social workers, academics, entrepreneurs, researchers, and practitioners from around the East Africa region and the world work together to problem solve real-life social issues.
- We will use a problem-solving approach, which is collaborative, action-oriented, and inherently social.
- We will work on the messy, complex social issues that are in desperate need of both new approaches & new solutions.
- The Safari is a methodology for developing our collective problem-solving capabilities and skill. Imagine joining an inter-disciplinary dream team, and discovering new ways to prompt social change!
Cost and Scholarship details:
- Registration fee USD 500
- If you want to apply for a scholarship please send a letter;
- Expressing what percentage of scholarship do you need,
- Explaining why do you need the scholarship
- Why it is so important for you to participate in the Social Innovation Safari
- Be a resident of an African country OR resident from any other country but working with African related issues
- Have more than 2 years of work experience in a field related to social change
- Be able to demonstrate a track record as a visionary individual with the courage and empathy to create social change.
For more information, click here.