Deadline: April 30, 2014
Tropical Epidemiology Group (TEG) is glad to invite suitably and interested qualified African Scientist to apply for the 2014 TEG Postgraduate Training Fellowship in Medical Statistics at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (LSHTM).
This fellowship, which is funded by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC), provides support for two years training in medical statistics. For the first year the successful applicant will study for the MSc degree in Medical Statistics at the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (LSHTM). This will be followed by a one-year professional attachment at one of the African centres associated with the research programme of the Tropical Epidemiology Group (TEG) at LSHTM. During the professional attachment, Training Fellows will develop their statistical and research skills by working on studies with guidance from TEG staff.
This support is intended to foster excellence in the field of medical statistics and epidemiology in sub-Saharan Africa.
The fellowship will provide
- costs for fees,
- stipend (£14,000 per annum)
- return air travel.
- be resident in and a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa
- be in possession of an excellent first degree with a background in mathematics, statistics or a related subject
- have at least 1 year of work experience in medical statistics or epidemiology
NB: Support will not be given as a supplement to other funding, nor to students who have funding from other sources.
- Candidates should complete an application form
- provide a curriculum vitae,
- provide two references, and an academic transcript.
For more information, click here.