Apply for the post of Advocacy Manager in Roma Initiative Office, Budapest
Deadline: April 6, 2014
The Open Society Foundations invite interested applicants to apply for the post of Advocacy manager, a key senior position within RIO (Roma Initiatives Office). The Advocacy Manager should underpin the advocacy work of the team, particularly the program director, by assessing key policy actors and their decision-making processes, interactions, resources, and capabilities—and, finally, the impact of those elements on improving the lives of Roma communities.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant societies whose governments are accountable and open to criticism, whose laws and policies are open to debate and correction, and whose political institutions are open to the participation of all people.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the written products listed above
- Write assessments of the policy relevance and impact of grants made by RIO
- Attend and convening meetings of experts, grantees, and key policy actors
- Provide strategic policy and advocacy advice to the program director
- Commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Excellent research skills, including analysis of patterns and action-oriented synthesis
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and against short deadlines
- Great attentiveness to detail and methodological rigor
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural differences in communication
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues and the general public
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Minimum MA in the relevant areas listed above. Experience and an exceptional track record are a significant advantage and could qualify candidates with lower-level formal degrees.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the policy-making processes in any of the following areas: government, media, intergovernmental organizations, EU institutions, research organizations, political parties, think tanks, advocacy NGOs or business firms. An exceptional track record demonstrating knowledge and skills is essential and could qualify candidates with shorter experience.
- Please send resume (including publications), motivation letter with salary requirement, and writing sample to [email protected] Include this job code in the subject line: RIO Advocacy Manager.
For more information, click here.