Apply for the 2014 UNESCO/ISEDC Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme
Deadline: May 30, 2014
In line with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the UNESCO Category II International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow (Russian Federation) is offering twenty (20) fellowships of four weeks (4) duration each in 2014.
The aim of this fellowship programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation.
The medium of instruction will be English. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition.
Field of Study:
One month duration: from 6 to 31 October 2014.
- Energy and sustainable development;
- Ecological management of energy resources;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
- Facilities offered by ISEDC
- Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
- Fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution;
- The donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency. The stipend amounting to eight hundred (800) US dollars is intended to cover living expenses such as accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals. The donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
- ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows.
- Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flight.
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to US$100 (one hundred US dollars) prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation.
- Health insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers.
Candidates must meet the following:
- Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
- Proficient in the Russian language;
- Not more than 25 years of age;
Check here to see eligible African, Arabian, Asian, Latin American and European Countries.
- All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
- Six photographs;
- Certified photocopies of Diplomas;
- Certificate of English Language proficiency;
- Subsequently, for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months before the actual date of studies). The prescribed form of which will be sent along with the letter of award. Expenses incurred in the constitution of the medical dossiers will not be reimbursed.
- (b) Files which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfil the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
- (c) Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.
For more information, click here.