Apply for the Post of Project Coordinator at the Rolling Film Festival in Kosovo!
Deadline: May 12, 2014.
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Remuneration: 510 EUR net per month
The Rolling Film Festival (RFF) Coordinator will be a mature and well-organized individual who will manage the festival’s fourth edition. The Coordinator should maintain an overview and long-term perspective on RFF4 and be fully committed to support the best possible cultural event.
The Rolling Film Festivals (2009, 2011 and 2012) have become Kosovo’s most appreciated event for introducing other Kosovo communities to the Roma community, for supporting Romani artistic expression and for providing a festive, dynamic and transformative venue for combating stereotypes and promoting positive inter-ethnic relations.
- Fundraising and donor relations
- Implementation and recruitment of volunteers
- Team management
- Planning, promoting and coordinating the various actions of the festival
- Bookkeeping (with the support of BSFK permanent staff)
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Partnership development (other film festivals, networks, artists)
- Manage projection/broadcast rights, translation, and subtitling processes
- General administration and reporting
- Administrative and Management Duties
- Provide supervision and guidance when necessary and appropriate
- Ensure that the project budget is spent according to project plan and allocation
- Supervise purchase of all materials envisioned in the project budget
- Provide timely clear reports, according to donor’s requirements
- Creatively direct the program so as to surpass objectives and indicators
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two years experience with related culture events (or previous work on two major cultural events)
- Considerable knowledge of major event management
- Basic computer skills, advance users preferred
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to different situations to meet necessary deadlines
- Experience supervising large numbers of volunteer staff
- Ability to manage multiple activities or to change priorities quickly
- Ability to work with an ethnically diverse population
- Fluency in English,
- Must possess a driver’s license valid in Kosovo.
- Roma applicants encouraged to apply
Minimum Training and Experience
- University degree (MA preferred) in Arts History, Cinema History, Cultural Management or similar with extensive course work in cultural organizations,
- 2 years of project management with program coordination experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- – Roma candidates are encouraged to apply, though of course applications are encouraged from any person who understands and is committed to the principles of Rolling, including diversity, tolerance and inclusion, and appreciation of the cultural manifestations of world Roma communities.
Working Time and Hours:
- The RFF Coordinator will work Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 16:30, with 1 hour break per day.
- Total working hours shall be 40 hours per week and any additional hours that the Coordinator shall at his/her own discretion believe necessary to meet the RFF objectives.
- S/he shall be entitled to 5 days of holiday after every three months of work, which may be accumulated and used.
- 1 June 2014 – 30 November2014 – with possibility to extend
- Please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected], [email protected] not later than deadline.
For more information, click here.