Deadline: June 30, 2014
SBI Youth for India is a fellowship programme initiated, funded and managed by the State Bank of India in partnership with reputed NGOs. It provides a framework for India’s best young minds to join hands with rural communities, empathise with their struggles and connect with their aspirations. The Programme seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by:
- Providing educated Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural India.
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Programme alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
Fellowship support: SBI will provide INR 14000/month during the fellowship period.
- The SBI Fellowship is open to highly motivated, outstanding young professionals and fresh graduates between the ages of 21-32 as on 1st September 2014.
- You must be an Indian citizen and atleast Graduates at the time of applying.
- You should have demonstrated initiative and leadership in the past, to be able to foster change at the grass root level.
- You should be people-oriented and have concern for people as you will have to constantly interact with rural communities.
- You should be willing to adjust to life in rural locations.
The selection process begins with the submission of the online application form. Shortlisted candidates are notified and they will be required to actively interact on an online forum to discuss and develop their ideas for rural development. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited for a personal interview. 100 candidates will be finally selected to participate in the program in two batches
For more information, click here.