2014 Program for Initiators in Citizenship, Media and Local Governance in Paris (Fully Funded)
Deadline: May 18, 2014
Young people who are interested in the field of media and civil society are invited to apply for the Program for Initiators in Citizenship, Media and Local Governance.
The program allows 20 young people from Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, and Yemen, carrying new initiatives in the fields of media or civil society to develop their projects and share their experiences.
The Institut Français and Canal France International (CFI), operators of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, have established a program dedicated to young “actors of change” committed to the new social dynamics in the Arab world. This program, called SafirLab, is an annual program inviting the youth of six countries to a mentorship and experience-sharing platform.
The program SafirLab allows young people carrying new initiatives in the fields of media or civil society to develop their projects and share their experiences. It will take place in Paris, France, from the 9th till the 23rd of November 2014. It is designed to follow a progressive course; therefore, it will alternate between periods of core curriculum and personalized mentorship.
- Participants will be offered mentorship and personalised tools and methods for their individual projects.
- SafirLab also aims at establishing a network based on common values and the sharing of experiences.
- All the costs concerning flight, accommodation and meals are covered by CFI and the Institut Français.
- young people between the ages of 20 and 30 who are committed to the issues of citizenship, media and local governance are eligible to apply.
- They should be offering initiatives related to citizenship, local governance, as well as media, and participating in the evolution and the dynamism of the civil society in their countries.
- The participants must be from one of the concerned countries: Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia and Yemen.
- Applicants can apply online here
For more information, click here.