Deadline: May 30, 2014
The 2014 CNN MultiChoice African Journalist Competition is open for entries. This is the most prestigious and respected Award for journalists across the African Continent. The competition was established to reinforce the importance of the role of journalists in Africa’s development and to reward, recognise and encourage journalistic talent across all media disciplines.
The journalists selected by the panel of judges will enjoy an all-expenses paid finalists’ programme of networking activities and workshops, culminating in the Gala Awards Ceremony. Each finalist will receive a cash prize, with each category winner also receiving a laptop computer and printer.
The CNN MultiChoice African Journalist 2014 Award winner will be selected from the category winners and will receive an additional cash prize and will have the opportunity to participate in the CNN Journalism Fellowship at CNN Headquarters in Atlanta.
The Competition is open to African professional journalists, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa who have produced a story which has been made available as a printed publication or broadcast through an electronic medium (television; radio or digital platform) whose primary audience are based in Africa.
The independent, highly respected and experienced judges will be looking for entries which:
- Tell the story in a balanced, comprehensive and objective manner.
- Demonstrate journalistic integrity and resourcefulness.
- Communicate the story in a way that makes the topic accessible and relevant to their audience.
- Display well organised research and insight.
- Was broadcast or published, in English, French or Portuguese, between January and December 2013 with proof supplied.
For more information, click here.