Deadline: May 23, 2014
The British Council in partnership with Virgin Atlantic Airways is looking for young, brilliant entrepreneurial minds to take part in its first “Enterprise Challenge”. The competition gives young Nigerians (in Nigeria and the UK) a platform to air and share their ideas for innovation and change.
As a participant you will compete for the opportunity to win return tickets (either to the UK or Nigeria depending on your location) courtesy Virgin Atlantic, and to meet with and be mentored by one the UK’s foremost entrepreneur’s and Chairman of the Virgin Group, Sir Richard Branson and possibly more….
- Win a mentoring session with Sir Richard Branson
- Return flight ticket covered and more.
To qualify you need to:
- Be between 18 to 35 years of age at the time of submission of the first task.
- Have good English language skills
- Be a Nigerian citizen (with a valid Nigerian passport) either resident in Nigeria or currently studying in the UK.
Note: The challenge will come with numerous tasks and below is the information for the first.
THE TASK – The Essay
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE – 1
For this phase, of the competition we would like you to write us an essay telling us about “Your Entrepreneurial Journey”.
It could be about what you aspire to become in a few years from now (if your journey has not begun) or how far you have come and how far you still hope to go with this.
- The essay should be 300 words or less
- “Your Journey” should include information about your past, present and future entrepreneurial aspirations.
- Incorporate a business idea / product that you would like to develop into your story line.
- Ensure you fill out the personal information section of the form carefully and read through the rules and regulations and sign the form as required.
- Deadline for submission: 23 May 2014
- Please submit your entries to us via email on [email protected]
- Entries submitted after the given deadline will not be accepted.
Important information that you should read and understand before signing this application form
Anyone applying for this competition should be aware of the following:
- your application (including anything you add at interview or afterwards) should be accurate, not omit any facts that are relevant and not be misleading. If we find that there are significant errors or omissions in the information you have supplied to us in the course of your application all prizes won will be withdrawn.
- the selection process will be fair. No applicant will have, or should seek or accept, any unfair advantage. No member of the British Council or its partner institutions will unfairly promote or disadvantage the interests of any applicant. If we find that you have secured an unfair advantage in the selection process we reserve the right to withdraw our offer.
- Entry clearance:
- you must tell us when you apply if there is anything (such as previous convictions or associations with terrorist organisations) that may be an impediment to securing a visa or entry clearance to study in the UK. If we find that we cannot provide you with a visa for any reason then we will withdraw our offer.
Please submit your entries to us via email on [email protected]
To download the application form and for more information, please click here.