Deadline: May 31, 2014
Applications are now invited for the 40 Chances Fellows program. Four 40 Chances Fellows with the most innovative social enterprise plans that use strategies built on the principles of 40 Chances will be awarded. The timeline for the fellowship runs from October 17, 2013, to May 31, 2014. Winners will be selected by a blue ribbon panel of judges and formally announced at the 2014 World Food Prize Borlaug Dialogue in Des Moines, Iowa.
During their first year of activity, fellows will be required to submit quarterly update reports to the World Food Prize.
- Each of four fellows will receive $80,000 in start-up funds and $70,000 for living and transportation expenses (a total of $150,000) for one year.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 39 .
- These social enterprises must seek to address issues of hunger, conflict, or poverty and may be established in any one of the following four countries where the Africa Governance Initiative has a strong presence: Rwanda, Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Malawi.
- Each strategy must involve local leadership and management into the operations of the social enterprise by integrating local place-based ownership and relying on locally driven design, development, and deployment in its programs or services.
- In addition, these enterprises should fill gaps in existing value chains, or otherwise combine a variety of complementary and existing efforts into a comprehensive and integrated approach to solve the intended challenge.
Applicants should take into account;
- The 40 Chances Principles when constructing their applications.
- Be prepared to have their full profile and contact information available.
- Will be asked for supporting material such as a short statements about the organization’s intended impact
- Will be asked the use of funds (such as a line-item budget)
- Will present strategic plan for their social enterprise.
- The final section of the application will ask a series of questions related to the type of impact their hope to achieve with their activities
For more information, Click here