Calling Young Leaders – 2014 Changelooms With.in Leadership Programme
Deadline: May 30, 2014
The call for the Changelooms With.in programme is now open. Young persons with great ideas to lead a social change or with powerful social change initiatives already running on the ground are invited to apply. The Changelooms With.in is an inside out leadership journey that celebrates, recognizes and nurtures young people to achieve their potential to lead social change through outstanding opportunities for learning, inspiration, amplification and resource mobilization.
The selected candidates will be going through an exciting journey with us:
- Through collective & individual learning opportunities: in deep self awareness, design/ facilitation skills, systems thinking, and perspective building on various social issues including social exclusion/ discrimination
- Intensive peer engagement: receiving exciting opportunities to explore diversities through intensive peer engagements such as exposure visits across borders of caste, class, religion, gender, disability, and geography etc
- Capacity Building: by nudging in group processes, contribute to collective learning, issue based learning, self and organizational development through various project development and implementation techniques and processes, fund raising techniques etc.
- Visibilise and amplifying social change initiatives: by helping them in amplifying their social change message across the country
- Networking and Collectivization: by being included in an exciting collective where one can interact with and learn from like-minded youth leaders and social sector leaders
- Appropriate Seed Funding
You are eligible if you are between 18 years and 35 years of age, and if you:
- Are located in Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal or Delhi (NCR). Kindly check this link for the list of preferred districts that we are including under our programme.
- Have already founded an innovative social change initiatives and have worked on it for a period of at least 6 months to one year OR, Have an inspiring, new idea for a social change experiment and are excited to put it into action
- Can read and write either in Hindi or in English
- You should be excited about amplifying change through social media engagement
- Teams applying need to designate an anchor who must be one of the founders and will be expected to deeply engage in all the processes
- You must be open to new experiences and learning, and should be able to commit to this year long journey.
Note: Your initiatives and ideas must have a mandate for meaningful engagement with young people by propagating Youth Leadership and Social Inclusion as measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
For more information, click here.