Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Competition 2014 – Win a trip + $4,000 Grant
Deadline: July 21, 2014
Are you a peacebuilder? Do you need some support to help you grow your impact and strengthen your organisation? If yes, apply now to win the annual ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ competition. Peace Direct believes that in every conflict there are local organisations doing remarkable work to prevent violence and build peace. The competition seeks to find the best emerging peacebuilding organisations across the globe.
Four winning entries will be selected by our expert peacebuilding jury. Each winning entry will receive:
- $4,000 funding for peacebuilding activities
- The opportunity to attend an international Peace Direct peacebuilder event or another peacebuilding exchange visit
- Online promotion of their work.
The winners will be announced on Armistice Day, 11 November 2014.
This is a global competition. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- be a registered organisation or community association, established for at least 2 years
- undertake peacebuilding work – your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work
- have a maximum annual income of $60,000 USD or less. At least one of the four winners will have an annual income of less than $10,000 USD.
- be locally based – your organisation must be based in the country or communities where your work will be done
- be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
In order to help decide whether to enter or not, we recommend you read ourGuidance Notes and Terms and Conditions (Both documents will soon be available in French and Spanish, please contact [email protected] to be notified, or check back soon).
For more information, visit Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders.