Schwab Foundation’s Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2014
Deadline: July 15, 2014
Nominations and applications are now invited for the 2014 Schwab Foundation’s Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award or nominate a social entrepreneur. The award provides unparalleled platforms at the regional and global level to highlight and advance leading models of sustainable social innovation.
It identifies a select community of social entrepreneurs and engages it in shaping global, regional and industry agendas that improve the state of the world in close collaboration with the other stakeholders of the World Economic Forum.
- Selected winners will be included in the Schwab Foundation network of social entrepreneurs. This includes access to a peer network of social entrepreneurs, special benefits such as pro-bono consulting services and scholarships to executive education courses at world-class institutions such as Harvard Business School, Stanford University and INSEAD.
- The winners will be invited to the regional meetings of the World Economic Forum which are relevant to their work.
- They are highlighted as leading social entrepreneurs in a plenary session with heads of state and/or corporate leaders.
- Excellent finalists or winners under 40 will also be nominated to the Young Global Leaders network of the World Economic Forum.
- Worldclass social entrepreneurs will be invited to join the global social entrepreneur community, which includes the possibility to be invited to the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos and to contribute to the Global Agenda Councils of the Forum.
The Global Selection is open to all organizations based in
- ASIA / ASIA Pacific (except India)
- EUROPE (except France)
- LATIN AMERICA (except Brazil, Chile, Venezuela)
- MIDDLE EAST and NORTH AFRICA
- NORTH AMERICA
- Transformative social change
- Organizational sustainability
- Proven social and/or environmental impact
- Reach and scope
- The candidate as ambassador
Applicants can download and complete the application form and return it by e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with the requested documentation before deadline.
For more information, visit Schwab Foundation Social Entrepreneur of the Year.