Udada Film Festival Call for Entries 2014
Deadline: September 19, 2014
The first edition of UDADA (UDADA means sisterhood) Film Festival will be held from the 23rd – 28th October 2014. This women’s film festival will be the first in the region to feature women’s fiction and documentary film productions. The Festival will screen short, student, long feature and documentary films made by, or about women from all over the world.
About the Festival
Women filmmakers, especially in Africa, have been usually relegated to second place. This festival will provide a platform for established and emerging female talent in this industry to exhibit their work, discuss, exchange and network with each other, the public and other stakeholders. The Festival week also features workshops, forums and face-to-face meetings for filmmakers and producers. The Forum focusses on the business of filmmaking while the Festival celebrates international works by women.
The mandate of the UDADA Film Festival is to:
- Facilitate interaction between women filmmakers; and women filmmakers and their audiences;
- Support and encourage women involved in film production;
- Increase the exposure of new productions written and/or directed by women;
- Showcase women productions to the Kenyan and International film industry for future ventures;
- Provide opportunities for professional development;
- Provide a marketplace for industry. In essence, a reverse trade mission providing local filmmakers and producers access to the national and international film industry;
- Develop and offer youth programs to develop the next generation of filmmakers.
- Production must be completed after June 2011.
- UDADA is a non-competitive festival
- Submission copies must be PALformat DVD. An English language track or subtitled version is required.
- Submissions will not be processed unless all the Following have been received:
- *Completed Entry form
- *3 copies of fil/video in PAL DIVD
Entries will be viewed by a programming committee and entrants will be notified of the decision regarding their film/video in September 2014. Submission copies will not be returned unless accompanied by a self addressed, prepaid envelope or a courier account number.
Exhibition copies of selected films/videos must be received by the Festival by September 19, 2014.
For Inquiries, email: [email protected]