Deadline: October 31, 2014
The Hakuho Foundation invites international researchers of the working in the fields of Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture to Japan to conduct residential research. The goals is to further strengthen the fundamentals of international research into Japan and deepening international understanding of Japam through researcher’s activities.
Invited fellows will conduct their research with the cooperation of one of the following receiving organizations:
- International Research Center for Japanese Studies
- Kyoto University
- National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics
- Ochanomizu University
- Ritsumeikan University
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- Waseda University
- Airfares, living and research expenses, housing subsidy and other expenses necessary for conducting research in Japan
- Long-term (12-month) and short-term (6-month) fellowships are available
- Around 10–15 fellows will be invited each year
International researchers working in the fields of Japanese language, Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture. University professors, associate professors and assistant professors who have outstanding and research results that have future potential, and other persons with equivalent research backgrounds, are eligible to apply.
- Have sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research and interact in Japanese
- Be non-Japanese nationals residing outside of Japan
- (Researchers with Japanese nationality who have resided outside Japan for 10 years or more and are active in the academic community, etc., of their current country of residence will also be considered)
- Be able to stay in Japan continuously for the duration of the Fellowship period
- Japanese language and Japanese language education research
- Japanese literature and Japanese culture research
- Obtain Application Guide, Application Form and Letter of Recommendation here.
- Fill in the Application Form
- Have the person recommending you for this Program fill in the Letter of Recommendation
- Prepare Japanese translation of the Letter of Recommendation (if written in a language other than Japanese)
- Send the above documents to the designated address by mail
For more information, click Hakuho Foundation 2014 Japanese Research Fellowship.