Deadline: September 12. 2014
The University of Southern California invites nominations for the $200,000 John and Alice Tyler Prize 2014. The John and Alice Tyler Prize is awarded for environmental science, environmental health and energy conferring great benefit upon mankind. The Prize is endowed by gifts from the Alice C. Tyler Charitable Trust and the John C. Tyler Trust and awardees are chosen annually by the Executive Committee.
Individuals or entities in different fields are encouraged to make nominations of living individuals or public or private institutions anywhere in the world who have made demonstrated achievements in environmental science, policy, energy and health conferring great benefit upon humanity.
- $200,000 Cash (Joint winners share the cash prize.)
- Living individuals or public or private institutions of any nation, are eligible for nomination.
- Self nominations are not considered for the award
Prizes are awarded for any one of the following:
- The protection, maintenance, improvement or understanding of an ecological or an environmental condition anywhere in the world.
- The discovery, further development, improvement, or understanding of known or new sources of energy.
- Medical discoveries or achievements with such worldwide implications that they significantly benefit environmental aspects of human health.
Nominations must be submitted in the English Language and include the following information:
- Name, professional or home mailing address, present occupational title and institutional title.
- Nominee’s vita or resume
- If an institution or corporation is nominated, identify the administrative office of the organization or subgroup responsible for the accomplishments cited.
- A one-page summary of the individual’s or institution’s accomplishments, discovery, improvement, or other contribution for which the award is proposed. Please include additional supporting materials (i.e. articles, publications or other exemplary materials that demonstrate the candidate or institutions contributions).
- Three or more letters of recommendation mailed directly to us from individuals who are able to assess the nominee’s contribution. Identify three-to-five additional references who might be contacted by the Executive Committee.
All nominations should be sent to;
The Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement
3616 Trousdale Parkway #410
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0371 USA
E-mail: [email protected]
For more information, visit John and Alice Tyler Prize 2014.