Apply for the 2014 Fashion and Design Award – Win a Fully Funded Trip to UK
Deadline: June 30, 2014
The British Council’s Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE) programme invite entrepreneurs who are running great fashion and design businesses to submit their application for the 2014 Fashion/Design Award.
The programme allows the winners to gain unique access to and insights into the UK industry, as well as providing a fantastic opportunity to make a wide range of business contacts that will act as a springboard for future business/collaborations between the UK and internationally. The tour will run from 13 – 19 September 2014 while London plays host to London Fashion week and London Design week.
The prize for winning the award includes;
- a fully funded trip to the UK for a unique programme of meetings with UK industry experts, international peer networking, practical business skills workshops and attendance at key UK industry events.
- access to a network of invaluable connections
- Be between the ages of 20 – 35 year
- Own or be the driving force behind a young business in the fashion OR design sector with at least 2 years’ experience and no more than 7 years in business.
- Be entrepreneurial and have shown their ability in the promotion of that creative sector in their country, in either a commercial context, public context, or both
- Through their character, drive and abilities, demonstrate their potential to be a future leader of the sector in their country and a future partner for the UK
- Have English language skills to IELTS 6 – ‘competent user’ or above
In addition, applicants must;
- Be available to take part in an industry tour in the UK from 12 – 20 September 2014
- Send all agreed marketing information (biog, photo etc.) during application process so that the British Council can promote the winner and in the UK when the winner is announced
- Actively participate in all arranged meetings and events during the programme, in particular:
- Give a presentation (5 min) about their work
- Be willing to participate in any events/receptions/panel discussions, as appropriate, alongside other UK/international industry speakers (topics would be dependent on programming by partner events and the experience/relevance of YCE participants)
- Be open minded and actively looking for future collaboration and business with UK companies, organisations and individuals that they meet
- Record their trip to the UK for use by British Council in country/UK e.g. blog, film, participate in media interviews before, during and after the trip, participate in evaluation etc
- Take part in events when they return to share their UK experience with a wider YCE network at home
- Be part of the BC’s international YCE network, which has around 3,000 members, and be keen to contribute ideas and feedback, participate in events, and develop projects
Interested applicants can apply online here.
Note: the entire UK tour will be conducted in English so a high competency in the language is essential
For more information, visit the 2014 Fashion and Design Award.