Deadline: August 1, 2014
What are you doing to build a sustainable future? Unilever is once again inviting young people to come up with practical and innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest sustainability challenges and enter them in the Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards. The Awards are designed to support inspiring initiatives from around the world, developed by young people aged 30 and under.
This second edition is launched in partnership with the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership and in collaboration with They are looking for scalable and sustainable products, services or applications that reduce environmental impacts, improve health and well-being or enhance livelihoods through changes in practices or behaviours.
- Seven young entrepreneurs in this year’s Awards will receive a total of €200,000 in funding and support to help take their sustainable living initiatives to the next level.
- The prize package includes customised expert support,
- access to an online business development programme,
- a two-day accelerator workshop at the University of Cambridge,
- networking with senior executives and sustainability leaders at Unilever’s headquarters.
- the University of Cambridge, and networking with senior executives and sustainability leaders at Unilever’s headquarters.
- The overall winner will take home the greatest prize fund and be presented with the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize, awarded at a prestigious event in London.
- The competition is open to individuals 30 years old or younger, from any part of the world.
- Innovations must have grown beyond the conceptual stage—with the product, process or enterprise already gaining traction among local communities or other markets. Entries must change behaviour to enable sustainable living.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products.
- Applications must be submitted in English. (The online programme, accelerator event and the pitch will all be delivered in English—proficiency in written and oral English is required.)
- Solutions must relate to one or more of the categories listed below;
- Improving health and well-being
- Reducing Environmental Impact
- Enhancing Livelihoods
Applications will be accessed based on the following;
- Measurable Impact
- Financial Sustainability
- Leadership qualities
- Applicants are required to login to be able to submit their ideas.
- Entries that succeed to the next stage will be requested to submit additional information to be reviewed by a selection committee. This will include a short business plan and some financial projections. Templates and guidance will be provided
- For advice about how to create a stronger entry, read these tips.
For more information, visit the 2014 Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Award on Sustainable Living.