Deadline: August 15, 2014
The World Youth Alliance seeks applications from qualified individuals for the position of “Regional Director of Operations” in an Africa regional office. The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) works with the Regional Director and assists in the implementation of the annual operational plan for the region.
The selected candidate must be available to start training in Nairobi, Kenya by November 3, 2014.
- Develops and manages the region’s annual budget with the Regional Director.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and a year-end report of the regional budget to be submitted to the President and the Operations and Human Resources Administrator.
- Maintains and updates regional WYA legal documentation, working permits, and other contractual agreements.
- Manages day-to-day financial activities and keeps records of all transactions, such as payments, withdrawals, deposits and other similar activities. Maintains and ensures efficient functioning of the WYA office, including office equipment.
- Maintain regular communication with the Operations and Human Resources Administrator for all finance, accounting, and other operating matters.
- Prepares proposals for the funding and implementation of specific projects with the Regional Director, to be approved by the President.
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of organizational support to members by reviewing and/or developing policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for day-to-day office functioning with the Regional Director.
- Complies with deadlines for submission of plans and/or proposals and the Project Documentation System.
- Selects applicants to the Regional Internship Program with the Regional Direct.
- Manages the Regional Internship Program in cooperation with the Regional Director and Programs Manager by preparing intern work schedules, assigning specific projects and duties, and overseeing the evaluation of interns.
- Trains members through internship programs or via internet (email or online training zone) by marking Track A answers and leading or overseeing discussion groups, as necessary.
- Provides Track A accreditation with the Regional Director.
- Implements all marketing and communication strategies, including the management of campaigns offline and online through the WYA website, blogs and other online portals.
- Reviews and updates donor and member database information in Raiser’s Edge and maintains communication with regional members, especially committee members, in coordination with the Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Track A accredited
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Candidates for consideration will be interviewed.
- Applicants should fill out the application form and send it, along with the required attachments to [email protected]
For more information, visit the Regional Director of Operations at the World Youth Alliance.